We must first understand how to deal with valve water l […]
We must first understand how to deal with valve water leakage and steam leakage. First, we must understand why water leakage and steam leakage occur. The so-called knowing what is happening and knowing why. To maintain air tightness, the valve must have a good seal. If there is a problem with the seal, there will be air leakage.
As a control component in the fluid conveying system, the valve has the functions of cut-off, regulation, diversion, prevention of reverse flow, voltage stabilization, diversion or overflow and pressure relief. The occurrence of a leakage event will not only affect the stable operation of industrial and mining equipment, but also may endanger the environment and cause immeasurable economic and social losses to the society.
It is necessary to learn to identify and prevent common leakage failures of valves. Generally speaking, there are two common leakage failures of valves, namely, stuffing box leakage and closure leakage. Stuffing box leakage is the main aspect of running, emitting, dripping and leaking, which is often seen in factories.
Preventive measures for valve leakage and steam leakage
1. All valves must undergo different levels of water pressure test after entering the factory.
2. All valves must be equipped with corresponding grade gaskets before installation.
3. In the process of over-repair, it is necessary to carefully check whether there is any additional packing and whether the packing gland is tightened.
4. Before installing the valve, check whether there is dust, sand, iron oxide and other sundries inside the valve. If there is any above-mentioned debris, it must be cleaned up before installation.
5. Valves that need to be disassembled for maintenance must be ground.
6. During the valve installation process, all valves must be installed correctly according to the system and pressure, and random or mixed installation is strictly prohibited. For this reason, all valves must be numbered and recorded according to the system before installation.
7. When installing the flange door, the fasteners must be tightened, and the flange bolts must be tightened in symmetrical directions when tightening the flange bolts.
We can take effective measures to prevent these common faults. However, it is more important to choose high-quality and high-standard products, so that we can save more time and energy in the industry and mine.